~ Child Care Program

 Child Care Programs - Celebree Schools

Activities/Curriculum

§         I will conduct the following activities with the children:

·        literacy and language development activities

·        expressive or sensory art activities

·        health, safety, or nutrition projects

·        puzzles, games, or manipulatives

·        outdoor play

·        large-muscle activities

·        free play

·        field trips

·        construction and blocks

·        computer time

·        music

·        selected videos or television shows

·        individual quiet activities

·        dramatic play

§         My program provides age-appropriate activities for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children.

§         I will conduct activities that are within the abilities of each child.

§         I will conduct activities that challenge each child’s creative talent and imagination.

§         I will conduct activities that include teachable moments.

§         The activities in my program are provided in [a structured / an informal] format.

§         I offer a curriculum that focuses on school readiness. (Or insert other goal.)

§         I offer a curriculum based on themed units.

§         I offer the following curriculum program: _________________________________________ .

§         I offer a curriculum that I have developed myself. (Insert a description of your curriculum.)

§         I offer a preschool program. (Insert a description of your preschool program.)

§         Here is an outline of a typical daily schedule in my program: (Insert a list of times of day and activities.)

Birthday and Holiday Celebrations

My program follows these guidelines for celebrating birthdays and holidays:

§         Children’s birthdays are celebrated on the birthday or a day close to it.

§         The children will celebrate all the birthdays in a month on _____________________ (the first Monday, the second Tuesday, etc.) in the month.

 

 

Trucks Coloring Book For Boys: Trucks Coloring Book with Fire Trucks , Monster Trucks, Fire Trucks, Dump Trucks and more For Toddlers, Activity books for preschooler, Ages 3-12 

 

§         On these occasions, your child [may / is required to / is not allowed to] bring a gift for the birthday child.

§         I ask that you not spend more than $ _____ on a birthday gift that you buy for a child in my program.

§         I suggest the following ideas for inexpensive birthday gifts:

·        balls

·        dolls

·        coloring books and crayons

·        playdough

·        toy cars or trucks

·        games or puzzles

§         You [may / may not] pass out home birthday party invitations at my program.

§         I will celebrate the following holidays with the children: _________________ (list).

§         I will celebrate the changing of the seasons with the children.

§         The children [will / will not] exchange gifts at [Christmas / Hanukkah / Kwanzaa].

§         The children [will / will not] exchange valentine cards on Valentine’s Day.

Clothing

§         You must leave an extra set of clothing for your child at my home that is appropriate for the season, including a shirt, pants, underwear, and socks.

§         You are required to bring a clean change of clothing for your child each day.

§         If a child is being toilet-trained, you will need to provide several sets of clothing each day. You must provide a sealable plastic bag for soiled clothes.

§         During the winter, you will bring clothes for outdoor play, including a jacket, hat, scarf, mittens or gloves, a snowsuit or pants, and boots.

§         During the summer, you will bring a swimsuit, a towel, and sunscreen.

§         All clothing left at my program must be labeled with your child’s name.

§         If your child requires a change of clothes and you have not left any clothing, I will use other clothing that I have on hand and [will / will not] charge a fee for this service. (See the child care contract for more information about this fee.)

§         For an [infant / infant or toddler] you must provide me with [several changes of clothing / disposable diapers / cloth diapers / a diaper service / baby powder / diaper ointment].

Food and Nutrition

§         I will serve no meals or snacks to the children; they must bring their own bag lunches, labeled with the child’s name.

§         I participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program; you must sign a form to participate and must cooperate with any requests for information from my Food Program sponsor.

§         I serve meals but do not participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.

§         I [will / will not] charge extra for food and meals that I serve to the children.

§         My program includes the following meal schedule:

·        breakfast: _____ am to _____ am

·        morning snack: _____ am to _____ am

·        lunch: _____ am to _____ pm

·        afternoon snack: _____ pm to _____ pm

·        evening meal: _____ pm to _____ pm

·        evening snack: _____ pm to _____ pm

§         At mealtimes, I will offer the food to the children but will not require them to eat it. I will inform you if I notice any change in your child’s eating habits.

§         I am not able to accommodate any special dietary requests.

§         I will be able to accommodate the following special dietary requests: _______________ (vegetarian, nondairy, Kosher, food allergies, etc.).

§         If your child has an allergy to any food or beverage, you must notify me in writing.

§         Please list any special dietary requests for your child: _________________________.

§         For an [infant / infant or toddler] you must provide me with [bottles / formula / baby food].

§         Children are not allowed to bring any food or treats from home.

§         Children may bring the following kinds of food or treats from home: ___________ (list: candy, gum, special treats, etc.).

§         All food or treats that you bring to my program must include a full list of ingredients so that I can protect any children who have food allergies.

§         You [are not allowed / are encouraged] to visit my program during mealtimes.

§         I will post copies of my menus on my [bulletin board / Web site].

§         Copies of my menus are available upon request.

Naps and Quiet Time

§         All the children will lie down to take a nap or rest each day.

§         The children will take a nap and rest time after lunch.

§         There is a daily nap or rest period, usually between _____ pm and _____ pm.

§         All children up to age _____ will take a nap or quiet time for _____ minutes each day.

§         At naptime, each child will have clean and separate bedding.

§         You may bring a special blanket or other security item for naptime.

§         Infants will have morning and afternoon naps in regulation cribs.

§         Toddlers will nap in regulation playpens.

§         Special blankets, toys, and other items are [not allowed / only allowed] during naptime.

§         Pacifiers are [allowed / not allowed / only allowed] during naptime.

§         Infants under the age of _____ will be laid down to sleep on their backs, to reduce the chance of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). 

 

 

How to Start a Day Care Center?  

 

Learning to Use the Toilet

§         I will accept only toilet-trained children in my program.

§         I will help a child learn to use the toilet once you and I agree that the child is physically ready. It is important to follow a consistent routine both at home and in my program.

§         I will use the following methods to help your child learn to use the toilet:

·        giving the child incentives (stickers, etc.)

·        bringing the child to the toilet instead of asking if the child has to go

·        helping the child get excited about using the toilet (dripping green food coloring into the water, sugar sprinkles, etc.)

·        reading books and watching videos about learning to use the toilet

·        creating a book about the child’s experiences

§         I will use the following terms:

·        urine will be called __________

·        urinating will be called _______________

·        a bowel movement will be called ____________

§         You will supply me with extra clothing and training pants while I am helping your child to use the toilet.

§         [You will provide me with / I will provide] a “potty chair” while I am helping your child to use the toilet.

§         I will charge the toddler rate until a child has successfully used the toilet for two weeks [including / not including] naptime.

Toys

§         Children [may / may not] bring toys from home.

§         Children may bring toys from home only if they reflect the current theme in our curriculum.

§         Toys may be brought from home only on _____ (day of the week) for “Show and Tell Time.”

§         Toys from home must relate to the theme of the week.

§         I am not responsible for any toys that children bring from home.

§         Any toys that are brought from home may be used by all the children.

§         I do not allow any toy weapons in my program.

§         The children may bring books or videos from home for us all to enjoy.

§         I will teach the children to pick up their toys.

§         My children’s toys will be stored away and not used during business hours.

Behavior Guidance

(If you are considering using corporal punishment, such as spanking, under any circumstances, check your state law first to make sure that you are allowed to do so.)

§         I will use behavior guidance that is fair, reasonable, and suited to the age of the child.

§         I will not use any corporal punishment (spanking) in my program.

§         I will impose a “time-out” only if it is age-appropriate for the child, using a guideline of one minute per year of age.

§         I will use a “time-out” when needed and appropriate to regroup and decide how to deal with misbehavior.

§         I will remove a child from the play group in order to redirect his or her behavior.

§         I will use natural and logical consequences for misbehavior.

§         I will use distraction and redirection to guide the behavior of toddlers.

§         I will identify the behavior that I wish to reward, rather than reinforcing negative behavior—for example: (You may replace these with other examples.)

·        “I like how you are using your walking feet in the house.”

·        “It was nice to ask Keesha if you could have the doll when she was done with it.”

§         All behavior guidance will be done by me or under my direct supervision.

§         If a child persists in problem behavior (hitting, biting, breaking toys, etc.), I will ask you to come and pick up the child from my program.

§         If I have to call you three times within _____ months to pick up your child because of behavior problems, I may terminate our contract.

No comments